Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Long Day

All finished!!! All cats and speech bubbles and fish and balls of wool and feathers and sofas and cutter guides and flaps and bowls of milk in book positioned!
Well, all for now. Hang on, and not the bowls of milk yet. Someone else is positioning the milk I think.
I'm just copying everything I did since Friday onto the external drive, ready to deliver tomorrow. It's taking about 20 minutes to copy. Huh. And that's not even the original art.
You know, this isn't a nice thing to day but with this book I am rather glad that picture books don't get very bad reviews most of the time, because if anyone slags this one off I might find out where they live and sow cress on their cuddly toys. I don't think I've ever worked this much on anything... ooooof!
:) Proud though!

2 comments:

Steph said...

A BIG congratulations on finishing up! Enjoy the feeling and go do something completely different. From what I can gleen, each book you've created has a completely unique feel to it- all with your touch. Anyhow- hope you're out celebrating!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank yooou! Yayy...
I already went to Woolworth's and bought celebratory chocolate, but there will be a more proper celebratory dinner later...

I still need to do the cover... and the handlettering... and the American handlettering... all nice jobs though.

OOF a bit dozy today, whoooof... could float in a cool swimming pool with an iced drink if I had either to hand... must amass riches or move to seaside soon...