Friday, June 1, 2007

Croydon Weather?

Ah. I am happy. It's still morning and I wrote a nice bit of novel. I'd started to worry about it a bit, it was going a frightening way and seemed relentless, so I decided it was time to give the hero a break and make something nice and peaceful happen. It made me remember some happy childhood times... and I found one of the smaller motifs of the story, I think - the order of things that run their course without you, like planets you're not watching and trains you're not taking and plants that grow somewhere else. And how sometimes you can suddenly feel and understand that they are going on, and you can let go and be happy.

Alexis just poked his head around the door and pointed out that it's just the perfect weather for me to go to Croydon today and swing by IKEA and pick up some Skandinavian food treats and on the way back pass by Forbidden Planet and buy that action figure of Johan the Ectoplasm Guy which might just be reduced down because no one else would want it.
Hmmmm...
He is sort of right. I do have a whole novelty book to re-position by Wednesday though. Hmmmmm. I think I might take my half-day off work today, work through Saturday... Croydon, who wouldn't want to take a trip to Croydon after all...

No comments: