Monday, May 28, 2007

Most Boring Day Ever

Oooh man. It's a grey afternoon and I've been spending most of the day cleaning up my digitals after getting a warning that someone probably hacked into my site and made it unsafe (safe now, phew).
I deleted my website, built a new blog, ran a virus scan, a spyware scan, another spyware scan, and now I am changing all my passwords. I hate passwords. I can never remember them. I'd just sort-of got them down, and now I'm supposed to make up a whole new bunch.
Arffffh, what a day!!!

At least - before I checked my mail and got the warning - I did get some more writing done. The novel I've been writing every morning for a week and a day now is maybe a quarter done...

2 comments:

Steph said...

I know what you mean about passwords...so many of them...adn sometimes I'll be in one of those moods where it's like, "Oh! I'll SO remember that! I don't need to write that down..." HA!

The good thing about boredom is that the brain is usually so resistant to it that it comes up with creative stuff to keep itself entertained. Some of my best work is from school in math class when I would sit there and doodle in the margins.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hah yes! I used to write poetry in maths exams, and draw things, it's really scraping the barrel of what's in your brain... arf, maths exams... I remember one that had a question about how much wire fence I needed to buy to fence in some chickens, and I tried to work it out and then answered truthfully that I would have to buy a whole load of it to make sure I had enough because I wasn't sure how much I needed, and that I was sure could make something useful from the spare. In fact I could buy a really good load and make something big and just use the spare from that for the chicken fence. Then I spent the rest of the exam working out what to make from chickenwire. It's great for making sculptures, actually, you can make the shape and fill it with straw and plaster over the surface...

Maths, arf.